ALL POSTS - If read in order it's a story.

June 13, 2013

Something's wrong.

Something on my hand doesn't feel right. I examine it. I don't see my wedding ring. It hasn't been there in a month but now it feels like it should be. My finger is tingly, like when I'd forget to put my ring back on after a shower. I couldn't ever go very long without noticing it was missing. That's what it feels like now. I'm having phantom ring pains.

I hear a sound; it's raining. Everyone tells me it's not normally this rainy this time of year in Portland. I bet that's what they tell all the newcomers. Or maybe it's climate change; everything is. The world is melting.

In the meantime Isabel would very much like to be fed. She wants to try the organic kibble, high in protein, they sell at the five local pet stores. Apparently, the higher in protein the less they need of it. Isabel thinks this is bullshit.

4 comments:

  1. That makes me sad. You should go out and buy another ring. Something that will make you happy to look at

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a couple but I still miss that one. Maybe it has to be a really great one. Thanks, it's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain always get's real hard to deal with right about now, hang tough lil one! Not sure where you came from but I left San Diego in 2005 and haven't looked back once. Life in P town rules! Be who you want to be, no one really cares.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A neighbor keep telling me that, "No one cares", but it makes me think she has something she's ashamed of and is using Portland to hide.

      Delete