ALL POSTS - If read in order it's a story.

April 22, 2014

Brotherly Love

Leif messages me this morning: "your brother Ben just called and left a message on the machine. No contact info given".

This is the day I knew was coming. Leif has not messaged me in months, he is angry about the potentially finally impending settlement, but this is not the day I knew was coming. It was the day my half brother Ben would come out of his 3 year silent Buddhist retreat in Arizona and call me at my old apartment because I didn't have a cell phone when he left (yes, I know it was 2011, regardless I didn't), and wouldn't know I was divorced.

Leif doesn't talk to his younger brother, the one who ran away with his mother (not romantically, more like a 30-something baby chick). Leif also doesn't talk much to his older brother because he resented him referring to me as a gold digger. Maybe Leif agrees with him now, and they're fine.

Anyway, I text back to Leif: "the 3 yrs must be over. C'mon, it's funny. My brother wasn't not talking to me, my brother just wasn't talking."

Leif doesn't reply. It suggests to me he doesn't see the humor.

Diamond Mountain Retreat, Arizona

1 comment: