ALL POSTS - If read in order it's a story.

July 24, 2013

Plenty of fish in the sea.

There is a genre of dating photo I do not understand. One picture is taken from Craigslist - Portland, one from Match.com - Portland. Both are the would-be dater's primary photo. I don't know what to say about these except that they abound in Portland dating media. Again, in LA a man would be posed next to his car. I'd prefer that.
Craigslist - Portland, OR


Match.com - Portland OR


So I've braved a Match.com date. On paper and even in person the man is a reasonable catch (of the day). He is decent looking, runs his own business (contracting, not a taco stand). He's well spoken and inflicts a hug on me when we part. The problem is when I am with him I try a couple times to picture myself doing him. I examine the gray hair above his not-too-unbuttoned shirt and can live with it. I'm not repulsed by the concept of doing him, but neither am I at all motivated.

It could just be my frame of mind but it could also be him. Isabel who is normally an amorous little dog, has not shown any interest in his arm. For now we remain faithful to Leif who is through with us, me at least. He sent me a goodbye email signed, "Goodbye, my love". I can't repeat the phrase to myself without making myself cry.

8 comments:

  1. I think Oregon takes some getting used too. I may not be into fisherman but I care even less about what kind of car they drive, I just would want to paid for:) I think the men up here are WAY BETTER than CA boys, less materialistic and more loyal. I think I have told you that I found my hubby here and that was after trying in CA for my entire life. I also admire any man or woman who is not afraid to put them self out there. Maybe instead of trying to picture yourself doing him you should just do it:)
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not remotely into cars either. I have no car recognition skills and can never spot a friend's car. It's just that I know fish are slimy.

      Delete
  2. Size matters??? They're all just different ways of compensating...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Cars or fish, either way, it's all compensating.

      Delete
  3. Yah, there's something Weinerish about the way they squeeze their trout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, well they are good catches (the fish)

    My advice is to do him. Consider this 'rebound guy'

    ReplyDelete