ALL POSTS - If read in order it's a story.

October 21, 2013

Presents

I'm a loser. I tried to mail Leif (a friend insists I call him Olaf as any nordic name will do) a birthday present today, but the post office was closed. I guess it's the bank that closes at 6pm. I may get up tomorrow morning to give it maximum mail time.

I  now text a former neighbor with the date, "Leif's 40th birthday is Friday, October 25th. Celebrate it at the Thursday Social if you can't Friday?" She texts back, "of course".

The Thursday Social was a tradition in our building in Pasadena. It was a combination of alcohol, gossip and reclaiming the "common space" that was under constant threat from the homeowners association. I don't feel such neighborly warmth here, but to be fair it took years to develop there.

On my birthday this September Leif did nothing, so I slept with the male friend who brought me cupcakes. I wouldn't have, but I was wearing a shoulderless dress and he kissed my shoulder and I liked it. I think a present from Leif would still have stopped me though.

Which brings me to a quiz. I was seeing 2 men for a time here in Portland, all in my quest to be married again. Which of the gifts pictured below is a present from the white collar boyfriend and which from the blue collar?

5 comments:

  1. I can't answer your question but I know this: don't get married yet. You're still grieving Olaf. None of my business, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bummer no one's going near the quiz. I don't know if it's too dirty, too politically incorrect, or too difficult?

      The time I actually asked for your advice it was good. It is this time too. But I don't just miss Olaf. I miss marriage.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'll take a guess. White collar man gave you the blue thing. Nice ribbon.

    I have to stop giving people advice. I think I know everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that blue thing and if it is a sex toy, why the pink ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Yes, though it looks a lot like a robot pen someone gave me for Christmas. 2. Presentation?

      Delete